Illinois in Washington (IIW) can be academically and professionally rewarding for students of all majors. By participating in IIW, you will gain valuable work experience, insight into your professional goals, and an understanding of the policy world in Washington, all while earning U of I credit. If you are drawn to any element of Washington, you will enjoy this program. Whether you are interested in communications, international affairs, the environment, politics, or a host of other topics, there is an organization in Washington that works on the issues you care about or uses the skills you are developing for your future career. IIW allows you to get a jump start on life after graduation.
TO-DO BEFORE LEAVING FOR DC
- Submit all required forms sent to you by IIW.
- Submit the $400 housing security deposit to the Washington Intern Housing Network (see http://www.thewihn.com/deposit)
- Apply/Obtain Internship
- Register for the required IIW classes
- Book your flight/travel to Washington, DC
- Inform the Washington Intern Housing Network (see thewihn.com) of when you will be arriving